Just For Kids Youth Board
The Maier & Associates Charitable Foundation, Just for Kids, is a local charity serving the tri-cities region with the goal of making a difference one child at a time. The Just for Kids Youth Board was formed to bring together a group of local high school students who want to make a positive difference in their community.
“Personally, as the leader of the youth board, I can feel the difference being made in these youth board members as they serve their community, seeing first hand what a difference they can make, and how easy it is to give back.” – Stephanie Maier
Currently, the Just for Kids Youth Board has 30 active members guided by a director/leader and co-leader to guide them as they make decisions, and to over see any activities they are involved with. Each month the Just for Kids Youth Board hosts a meeting where discussions are held based on project planning and upcoming events, as well as any community or school student needs, student recognitions: “caught doing good”, or projects the board members would like to see the group get involved with. Last but not least, the group is always trying to come up with our own unique projects to give back and get out into the community.
- Pick A Park – Clean up/restoration of local parks
- Volunteering & sharing information about Just for Kids at local festivals like River Roar
- Shoe shopping event with younger kids
- Working at the Annual Just for Kids Fundraiser Banquet
- Christmas Events: adopting families, shopping, gift wrapping, and delivering gifts
- Foster Care Christmas Party: Shop for & attended party, prepared & served food, party set up & clean up
- Visit local nursing homes – Deliver care packages & Christmas caroling
- “Caught doing Good” award presentations
- Good Samaritan Rescue Mission – Sorted 1,198 lbs. of food & yard work
- Worked at a Great Lakes Loons game – Face painting, played games and took pictures
- Worked at a local shelter to beautify playground area – Pulled weeds, raked, swept, moved over 20 yards of mulch
- Because We Care Foster Care Fun Fair – Played games, prepared & served food, shopped for party supplies, party set up and clean up
- Bike drops at various elementary schools
- Laptop giveaways at various middle schools
- Working the Annual Scholarship Dinner
- For March we are in the process of setting up times to go to the Shelter house in Midland and the Good Samaritan in Bay City. We would like to purchase and deliver new toys and games for the shelter’s children’s play rooms.
- We are also hoping to do an Easter themed party with the kids that currently reside at the shelters.